Instead Technologies is a technology-based company aimed at helping individuals with disabilities, which is promoted by a multidisciplinary team of the Miguel Hernández University (Spain). Our approach to meet the unique needs of patients with severe disabilities is based on new solutions to assist the recovery from a nervous system injury, always keeping the patient at the center of the team.
Instead Technologies has developed solutions that are clinically impactful and competitively differentiated for a range of sensitory and motor problems. We also manufacture and distribute intelligent robotic-assisted tools for minimally invasive surgery and customized systems for animal research.
Instead Technologies is located in Elche close to the Mediterranean Sea; a region of very high industrial and technological growth in Spain.
- Development of devices that are able to interact bidirectionally with the nervous system (recording and stimulation) specifically adapted for brain applications.
- Development of bioinspired models for processing visual information.
- Image processing techniques. Cerebral plasticity studies by means of Functional Magnetic Resonance and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
- Functional studies of the adaptation of patients with brain damage and/or sensory alterations to their disabilities.
- Development of instruments, hardware and algorithms for data acquisition and massive processing.
- New therapeutic approaches for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases: Nervous cell protective agents. Metabolism of oxygen in degenerative diseases of the retina. New treatments based on mesoporous silica nanoparticles.
- Simulation of diseases, surgical tools and teleoperation environments: Development of rehabilitation devices
Instead Technologies has long-term know-how in the development of robotic and automatic systems. Such Our team is comprised of experts in different fields of technological and clinical knowledge, from neuroscience to engineering.
We provide our clients with a consultancy service for:
- Certification of medical products
- Development of prototypes of mechatronic devices
- Design and development of robots and special machines
- Finite element simulations
- Electronic circuit design
- Development of novel devices for health market
- Software design
- Virtual reality and multimodal interfaces